Monday, April 07, 2014

30 Poets/Day 7 - Marilyn Singer and Susan Marie Swanson


Again, I'm completely at a loss with how to come up with not-yet-used-by-me adjectives for Marilyn Singer and Susan Marie Swanson and their poetry (not just these here,  but have you read their books? Hmmm? Go forth and read!). I'll just go with "great!" and let y'all get to the goods.


In the Museum
by
Marilyn Singer

See those big bones?
Once, dinosaurs went walking
through dust, mud, and stones.
See those big bones?
Long, long ago, no computers, no phones,
no people, no talking.
See those big bones?
Once, dinosaurs went walking.

©2009 Marilyn Singer. All rights reserved.
(To see the original post and comments, click here)



Wonders
(after the traditional rhyme “I Saw a Peacock with a Fiery Tail”)
by
Susan Marie Swanson

I saw a tiger
burning bright

I saw the sun
in the middle of the night

I saw a star
torn from a tree

I saw a leaf
holding a key

I saw a pocket
full of art

I saw a book
shaped like a heart

I saw a stone
coming untied

I saw a shoelace
wiggle and hide

I saw some tadpoles
buzzing round a cake

I saw a bumblebee
high above the lake

I saw a cloud
pacing at the zoo

You can see
these wonders too!

© 2010 Susan Marie Swanson. All rights reserved.
(To see the original post and comments, click here)

Yesterday we had poetry from Jaime Adoff and Jorge Argueta. Tomorrow... Adam Rex and Ralph Fletcher.

Click here for information about this year's edition of 30 Poets/30 Days, including ways to follow along.

No comments: